The boring (but important) stuff
The company is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The company may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20.11.2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
Name, email address, shipping address, billing address, wedding details, guest lists and addresses
Other information relevant to a transaction.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to complete and deliver your order. As well as providing you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping.
– Follow ups and testimonial requests.
– We will keep samples of your designs on file for photographing, portfolio and marketing purposes. This includes using them on social media and website, including them in sample packs and displaying them at wedding fairs and events. We will not use anything with your home address on. If you do not want us to use your samples for future marketing then please let us know.
How long we will keep the information we gather
Your information and data will be deleted by Blink Lettering 90 days after the final job completes. This includes any address, guest lists and wording for your stationery and your trello board. All emails will be deleted within 12 months of the final job completing. Invoices (just using your name) will be kept for 7 years as per tax regulations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic safeguards.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by following the ‘opt out’ instruction within any such email.
– We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
– You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
– If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.